!!!!DISCLAIMER!!!! This site may contain Amazon & other affiliate links.
This means if you click on one of the product recommendation links, this site may receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you and may include exclusive discounts when possible. This helps support this site and allows us to keep making content like this. Thank you for your support!
I know we are talking about the best golf quotes of all-time. However, golf is a sport prolific to be illustrated in eloquent, rhythmical words that evoke more than just responses from those ensnared to the game — they arouse emotions.
Whether it’s the graceful scene of a well-manicured golf course at daybreak or the vibrant sense that flows over your arms when you’ve hit the perfect golf shot, there’s something about the sport that brings us back for more and can turn even the most reluctant person into a golf fanatic.
As soon as you hit “best golf quotes” on Google Search, there’s no doubt you’ll be overwhelmed with endless results of “best golf quotes and sayings” from some of golf’s greatest legends.
Here’s my top 20 list of MY favorite best golf quotes of all-time :
- “Golf… is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well.” – P.G. Wodehouse
- “There are no shortcuts on the quest for perfection.” – Ben Hogan
- “Forget the last shot. It takes so long to accept that you can’t always replicate your swing. The only thing you can control is your attitude toward the next shot.” -Mark McCumber
- “The game has such a hold on golfers because they compete not only against an opponent, but also against the course, against par, and most surely- against themselves.” -Arnold Palmer
- “Golf gives you an insight into human nature, your own as well as your opponent’s.“ -Grantland Rice
- “I’ve heard people say my swing’s not perfect, and I know that. But golf’s a natural sport, very sensitive. It’s played a lot by feel. I don’t care if my swing is too flat. If it works, I don’t have to change it.” -Sergio Garcia
- “Forget your opponents; always play against par.” -Sam Snead
- “The more I work and practice, the luckier I seem to get.” -Gary Player
- “For this game you need, above all things, to be in a tranquil frame of mind.” -Harry Vardon
- “A routine is not a routine if you have to think about it.” -Davis Love Jr.
- “Don’t be too proud to take lessons. I’m not.” – Jack Nicklaus
- “Mistakes are part of the game. It’s how well you recover from them, that’s the mark of a great player.” – Alice Cooper
- “Golf is a compromise between what your ego wants you to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.” – Bruce Crampton
- “Every shot counts. The three-foot putt is as important as the 300-yard drive.” – Henry Cotton
- “The mind messes up more shots than the body.” – Tommy Bolt
- “For this game you need, above all things, to be in a tranquil frame of mind.” – Harry Vardon
- “Keep your sense of humor. There’s enough stress in the rest of your life not to let bad shots ruin a game you’re supposed to enjoy.” -Amy Alcott
- “A good player who is a great putter is a match for any golfer. A great hitter who cannot putt is a match for no one.” -Ben Sayers
- “Golf tips are like Aspirin: One may do you good, but if you swallow the whole bottle you’ll be lucky to survive.” – Harvey Penick
- “Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle.” – Anonymous