!!!!DISCLAIMER!!!! This site may contain Amazon & other affiliate links.
This means if you click on one of the product recommendation links, this site may receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you and may include exclusive discounts when possible. This helps support this site and allows us to keep making content like this. Thank you for your support!
Golf is a great way to get your heart rate up while still getting the fresh air we crave to stay healthy, happy, and balanced. That is why golf is good for you.
Why Is Golfing Good For You?
Golf has been proven to help balance the mind, body, and soul and, therefore, be considered one of the most enjoyable and beneficial sports!
Golfing is a fantastic way to get you outside and to move. Not only is it a great way to work up a sweat within the confines of your local golf club, but it’s also an excellent excuse to spend time with friends or family or even have some me-time while you walk between holes.
Golf Benefits Your Body
- Golfers walk roughly five miles on average during an 18-hole round with some significant elevation change from tee box to green. That flushing of the system with fresh blood is a fantastic way to get the blood moving and improve circulation.
- Furthermore, golfers’ muscles while swinging are also targeted by cardiovascular exercises such as running and cycling, which is why golfing is so beneficial.
- Golf has been proved to increase stamina and endurance in young people, and it is reported that golfers tend to have lower body fat levels than their non-golfing counterparts. It’s safe to say that if you are fit enough to play 18 holes, you are fit enough for most activities of a similar intensity level.
Golf Benefits Your Mental Health
- Playing golf can be a great way to relax after a stressful week at work.
- Not only does it give you an hour or so to yourself, but it is also the perfect way to clear your head and de-stress. It doesn’t hurt that you are getting healthy in the process!
- Sometimes you need to hit something! If you are struggling with something in your life, golf can often provide the perfect outlet.
- It doesn’t matter if it is anger, frustration, or boredom. Whacking a ball into the distance can make everything feel better!
- A round of golf certainly puts a smile on my face, and sometimes that is all I need to get through a difficult day.
- Not only does hitting something inanimate feel good, but it’s also great to step away from your daily grind and focus on what matters.
Golf Can Aid In Weight-loss
- While golfing might not directly help you lose weight, it can indirectly help you shed a few pounds by encouraging you to be active and get out of the house into nature.
- Furthermore, if being active helps your stress levels, then that will impact your eating habits as well.
Golf As A Sport Is Highly Accommodating
- If you find it hard to move around or have specific limitations, you can still play it.
- Many courses accommodate those with mobility issues, and even if they don’t, the game itself is generally able to meet most players’ needs.
- For example, someone in a wheelchair may be unable to carry their own clubs like other players, but they can use a powered trolley or a motorized cart instead.
So, as you can see, there are some excellent reasons why golf is good for you. If you are looking for a new way to get fit or if you want some time to yourself in the fresh air, then get out and play a round of golf! It’s never been easier to see why golfing is good for you!
Check this article out for how golf plays a key role in your health.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use my old clubs?
Absolutely! If you’ve already got a set of clubs, you should be able to borrow some of the more basic clubs from a local golf shop for free or for a small price.
2. How often can I play golf?
If you are in good health, then it should be safe for you to play golf as often as a couple of times a week. Don’t forget to stretch and include an adequate warmup exercise before you start. Make sure to rest as needed when playing golf.
3. What golf score should I aim for?
It really depends on your ability level and the course type that you are playing at. No hard and fast rule determines what score is required to be good or not.
4. Can golf help me lose weight?
Yes. It can help you lose weight if you eat properly and watch your diet while golfing. However, don’t forget to stretch properly before and after golfing sessions.
5. Can I golf on my own?
Sure thing! Just make sure that you have the consent of the owner of the property/course where you would like to play.
6. How do I find a course?
Most local newspapers or the internet will have a list of courses that are close to where you live or work. Some will even be free! If you are unable to find one close by, don’t lose hope.
7. What is a good score?
There is no official answer to this question because it ultimately depends on your skill level and the course. If you are a beginner, you should stick within the low-average range, while if you are an experienced player, then your shot accuracy will only improve with good scores.
8. What are the cons of golfing?
- Any repetitive sport can cause injury. You have to be well prepared and know your limitations to prevent injuries from occurring.
- Golf is a high-cost sport depending on what you want. If you are looking for subsidized courses, tournaments, or equipment, then it can get quite expensive. Besides, if you want to play at the best courses, they can often be prohibitively expensive.
- If you want to enjoy a healthy sport, then golfing is an excellent choice! However, if you are unsure of your ability or worried about the cost, it’s best not to act hastily.
- Find a course that fits your budget and get a feel of the sport before taking any steps further. Don’t forget to stretch properly before starting and take all the necessary precautions while playing golf! It is quite an enjoyable sport so have fun!