!!!!DISCLAIMER!!!! This site may contain Amazon & other affiliate links.
This means if you click on one of the product recommendation links, this site may receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you and may include exclusive discounts when possible. This helps support this site and allows us to keep making content like this. Thank you for your support!
“There is no exercise better for the human heart than reaching down and lifting a golf ball up”
Playing golf helps to improve those skills, along with cardiovascular and overall health and strength. Whether you are an adult or youngster looking for a healthy activity while enjoying outdoor time – consider golf as your next sport!
Lower Insulin Resistance
- Studies show that golfers are at a lower risk of developing insulin resistance when compared to those who do not golf.
- Golfers are less likely to be overweight and have lower blood pressure.
- It also improves the heart’s efficiency by increasing the heart’s stroke volume (the amount of blood that is pumped with each beat).
Lower Risk Of Heart Disease
- Golfers are at a lower risk of developing heart disease than non-golfers.
- This is due to the exercise benefits that golf provides, along with lowering stress and blood pressure.
Lower Risk Of Death
- The American Heart Association published a study in which they stated, “Golfing at least once per month — was found to lower the risk of death among older adults.”
Improves Balance And Coordination
- The motions of chipping, pitching, and putting all help to improve coordination and balance.
- Balance & Coordination allows for greater participation in other sports and also help to prevent injury.
Improved Heart Function
- FACT: A strong heart is a key to a longer life – and golf strengthens it!
- Those who play between 4-9 rounds of golf per month have lower risks of developing cardiovascular disease by 30-40%.
Keeps Diabetes At Bay
- Researchers at the American Diabetes Association found that golfers had a lower risk of type 1 & type 2 diabetes progression than those who did not golf.
- Other similar studies show similar results.
There are many reasons to play golf, from the health benefits that it provides to the fact that it can offer valuable exercise time during a busy work week. But one of the most important reasons you should consider playing is its ability to improve your mental health and de-stress.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Many Rounds Of Golf Should I Play To Improve My Health?
A recent study by the American Heart Association found that golfers who played 4-9 games per month had much better cardiovascular health than those who did not play golf. This means that you do not have to pay a lot to see results! Each game of golf is approximately 30-45 minutes long.
2. Do I Need A License To Play Golf?
No, you do not need a license to golf. However, if you plan on playing in tournaments or in recreational leagues, then you will have to find a course and pro shop near you that offers these services.
3. What Are The Benefits Of Playing Golf?
Playing golf on a frequent basis will lower your chances of developing type 2 diabetes, lower your risk for heart disease, lower stress levels, keep you healthy and fit as you age by constantly exercising your body, and more!
4. What Else Is Golf Good For?
Golfing is good for your body as well as your mind. Golf gives you a full-body workout and helps you to stay fit and healthy as you age. It’s also a great way to get out of the house & enjoy the great outdoors with friends!
5. Is Golf Good For My Health?
Yes, golfing is very good for your health! It will help lower your stress levels, improve flexibility, improve concentration, keep you out of the house so that you can enjoy nature, encourage family bonding time & much more!
6. What Is The Best Age To Start Playing Golf?
Even if you are a beginner, there is no age limit to start learning how to play golf. However, if you are an older adult over the age of 65 and would like to start playing golf, check out senior golf tips first!
7. What Should I Wear When I Play Golf?
With the right attire, you can play in any kind of weather condition. If it is cold and rainy, wear warm clothes. If you are playing in very hot weather, wear shorts but make sure to apply sunscreen first. Here’s an article for the complete guide to golf outfits.
8. How Fast Does a golf ball travel?
The golf ball travels approximately 190 to 230 mph.
9. What is the best golf ball for senior golfers?
Senior golfers should opt for golf balls that are specific to their skill level and abilities. You can find a list of these balls here!